Search This Blog

Friday, February 7, 2014

Meeting a Prophet

So he stands in front of me.  His bony figure barely a whisper in this world.  His head dark, his skin taut around his skull, his eyes milky in their sockets.  Yet, he looks at me and says, "You been prayin'."

I say, "Yes."

He says, "You been prayin' and the answer ain't come yet."

I feel a release in my Spirit, a dam break, my soul tear a little.  "Yes."

"The Lord wants you to know that it comin'.  It on hold.  But it comin'."

He looks directly at me.  He doesn't smile or act like he needs to convince me or doubt that he was sent to tell me.

"The devil, he attacking.  This way and that.  Just on you,"  he says motioning wildly with his arms.

"Oh, yes,"  I say tears pooling in my eyes.

"It okay.  He will attack, try to tell you it ain't comin', but God says it comin'."

On Hold.  I can't help but think about the angel who was put on hold as he tried to make it to Daniel.  Perhaps the devil fought with the angel to keep him from bringing a vision to Daniel.  That's how the devil works.  He tries to keep us from living the life God has for us.  He already knows he loses the war, but the more of us he can take down with him, the better.  If he can keep me or you from witnessing, from living out the life we are supposed to live, he's won a little battle.  If he can make us stumble and let others see that we messed up, all the better.  He's won a little battle.

So, today, I say thank God for a little man I met some 13 years ago, that brought a word from the Lord.  Whose voice lifted up in song in the foyer of my office, singing praise to our King.  Some days you just don't feel worthy.  Even though I rail at God and ask and talk and cry and wonder, when He sends an answer I feel like asking "Why would God send me an answer....little old me...?"

Thank you, Mr. James Riley, for being my "angel in the highway".


No comments: