Search This Blog

Friday, September 6, 2019

God Protects Us




It's hard to imagine all the ways the Lord protects us every day!  I mean we really cannot comprehend it!  I would guess that we only know of a very small amount of the times that the Lord and His angels have intervened on our behalf.  But, I tell you, it is when He allows us to see His protection with our physical eyes that we must rejoice and bring that question to ourself, "Lord, just how many times do you protect me?"

After reading today's blog, I hope you are reminded of this truth.

The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, And with my song I shall thank Him.  Psalm 28:7

A friend of mine told me a story this week that prompted this blog.  She was in a time in her life when things were not going well.  She was literally afraid for her life and anxious about her future.  It seemed that all her hopes and dreams were being dashed on the jagged rocks of life and Satan stood over her intent on her destruction.  One night as she lay in her bed, her eyes were drawn toward the foot of her bed.  She saw two men standing there.  One was short with a wide nose.  The other man was tall and slender.  She had her gun within arm's reach, but she did not move.  She lay still on the left side of her bed.  As she looked at them she felt they intended to harm her, but she felt peace come over her.  She watched as they walked from the foot of her bed, down the right side of her bed, never taking their eyes from her.  She felt they wanted to reach out and harm her, but that an invisible barrier prevented them from carrying out the harm they intended.  Instead, they kept walking and vanished through the bedroom wall. My friend was left with the knowledge that no matter what was going on in her life, she was being protected.  Her spiritual eyes had been opened and the Lord had allowed her to glimpse at the warfare being fought on her behalf.  She was protected, shielded by the Father! 

While my friend was awake for her spiritual vision, I had a similar vision, but it was in a dream for me. 

I dreamed I was standing in a city at the opening to a dark, cluttered alley.  I knew I had to walk through the alleyway and that I had no choice but to put one foot in front of the other.  I was very scared.  There were two men standing in the alleyway on the right side and they were jeering at me.  There faces revealed their intent to harm me and their eyes lit up as if they had spotted their prey.  As I walked, their faces suddenly changed.  A pinprick of fear dotted their eyes.  They were still looking toward me, but no longer at me.  Their eyes seemed to be looking beside me and higher than me.  I felt a peace wash over me that I did not understand--even in my dream.  I kept walking as if moved by a power other than my own.  I walked until I was right in front of the men and then kept going right on past them.  I could tell they were not happy about the change of planned events, but I could also tell they were going to do nothing about it.  As I passed them and came to the end of the alleyway, it was revealed to me what they could see, that I could not.  A large monstrosity of an angel stood beside me.  He had walked the alley with me as my shield--a shield that no demon of Satan could dare come against.

I encourage you not to be dumb to spiritual warfare.  One of my favorite stories in the Bible is in 2 Kings 6:8-19.  Here the king of Aram is so angry with Elisha.  Elisha was able to tell the king of Israel what the king of Aram had planned for warring with Israel and spoiled the king of Aram's plan.  In fact, the king of Aram's servant told him, "(Elisha) tells the king of Israel the words that you speak in your bedroom (2 Kings 6:12)."  That's how good the intel was that Elisha gave to the king of Israel.  This stuff was accurate and it was keeping the Arameans from being successful in war. 

The king of Aram decided to take out Elisha and end the power he had.  He sent his army and chariots to the city where Elisha was staying.  The Bible tells us it was a great army.  When the attendant who was with Elisha saw the army surrounding the city, he was afraid!  (Me, too!)  But, Elisha prayed that the Lord would let the attendant see what he could NOT see with his physical eyes.  Elisha knew the Shield was around him and he wanted to show the man with him.  So, the Lord opened the man's spiritual eyes and do you know what he saw?  Praise God!  He saw the mountains around the city were FULL of horses and chariots of FIRE!  The Arameans were fighting more than one man--they were up against the Kingdom of God.  You don't mess with the Lord's people when the Lord's people are doing the Lord's work!  Amen! 

Elisha knew the Lord was with him.  When the servant was afraid, Elisha said, "Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them (2 King 6:16)." 

I can't help but get excited when I read those words.  The workers of iniquity may think they have you down.  Satan may send his demons to taunt you.  You may even get afraid.  But, when you do, cry out to the Lord, "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus."  Remember the demons know who Jesus is and they tremble! 

I don't know who needed this today.  But, one person, don't give up!  Get up!  Cry out to the Shield, your Lord, God.  He is faithful. 

No comments: