Search This Blog

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Happy God Loves You Day




God is so good!  Do you doubt that?  God loves you!  Do you know that?  God works through the prayers of His people.  Do you believe that?  It's not just about you....Screech!  Did I lose you?

Hang on, because this is what God is teaching me this week and I am SO blessed to be learning at my Father's knee.

A few months ago, a stranger called me.  Well, she was practically a stranger to me.  We had probably spoken for a total of 30 minutes in our lifetimes.  We definitely knew of each other, but I had no idea about her family, her day, her life.

This woman had posted about a job opportunity and someone messaged the post to me from Facebook.

Since I was looking, I sent a message to her.

She responded and I felt like she really worked on my behalf to put a good word in for me.  She was so complimentary about me, even though we were really strangers.  Her words of encouragement comforted me.  As I stood on a sidewalk, my cellphone pressed to my ear and heard her words of encouragement about how good I would be for the job, I felt blessed, like the Lord had gone before me.

I didn't get the job.  Closed door.  I moved on, but still felt her words on my heart and knew that God had something bigger planned for that 'meeting'.

Fast forward to last night.  I stood at my kitchen window washing supper dishes.  The Lord brought this woman to my mind.  I was impressed to pray for her.  My Spirit was heavy for her.  I had no idea what to pray, but I prayed for her because I knew the Lord was asking me to.  Then, the Lord brought that job to my mind.  I prayed for that company.  I had no idea why.

Why am I praying for both of them? Has something happened? I wondered, but I obeyed and prayed anyway.  I felt the Spirit moving in my heart and I gave it to God.  There was a need.

The Lord prompted me to message this woman and tell her that I had prayed for her.

Because I am human, I forgot to do it last night, but when I got up this morning, the Lord reminded me again.

I promptly messaged her to let her know that the Lord was thinking about her.

...

Pause for Praise.

...

It turns out that this woman needed that prayer.  She was dealing with an issue with the work she and I had talked about all those months ago.  She was stressed.

It's not about me.  That's the Word that I heard.

All those months ago, the Lord knew that she would be here.  He knew that I would pray for her.  He knew that His daughter, this 'stranger' to me in the world would need to know that He--her Father--loved her.  She would need to hear that He saw her.

God is so good.  He loves you so much!  And, no, our life isn't just about us.  We are not the center of the universe and I am so grateful.  Instead, each day I want to be reminded that I am a servant of the King and that He is the center of the universe and I want to serve Him and trust Him and never forget that He loves me, but oh how He loves you, too!

This woman is on my prayer list.  Believer, won't you put her on yours, too?


No comments: