Search This Blog

Saturday, October 5, 2019

When Your No Is Their Yes



No is hard.  I should know.  I've heard lots of no's.  I've experienced rejection and rejection and rejection.

The best thing is that I am getting better at it.  I'm not getting better just because it keeps happening, but I am getting better because I have prayed for God to help me be better.  I have asked the Lord to kill pride in me.  I've asked God to get rid of any seed of malcontent when I think I lose.  I don't want to see my life like that.  I want to be better, purer, and sanctified from malice. I want to always remember the Lord plans all things for my good every time I hear no.  (Romans 8:28)

When you win, I want to genuinely celebrate with you, not harbor jealousy.

When I get told no, I do not want to feel sad or fall into a day of depression.  In fact, I don't even want a moment of depression.

One thing the Lord revealed to me this week is that my no is yes to someone else.  Just like that.  It's that simple.

When you apply for a job and twenty other people apply for it and you get the no, someone else got a yes.  And that person may really have needed the job.  God can see all things and He knows why you were told no.  You may not understand it, but God does.

This week that happened to me.  I received a no for what I thought would be a dream job.  In the first three seconds, tears popped into my eyes and then God told me something.

He brought to my mind a Facebook post I had seen earlier in the week.

It was from a woman whose husband had quit his job.  Their bank account was already overdrawn by $200, the bills were a month behind, and they were caving fast.  Her post was a plea for prayer.

The Lord told me to think of her and think that perhaps she or someone like her got the yes e-mail.

And, that put me where I needed to be.  Praise God!  If she got that yes e-mail, thank you, Jesus!

Who am I to not celebrate with her?  So, I stopped and I prayed for the person who did get that yes e-mail.  I prayed for their situation and their success and I meant it.

I even emailed the company back and told them that I prayed for that because the Lord had a plan.  The Lord has a plan.  Your no maybe a no for today.  But, never forget that it may be the yes that someone deep in the pits of despair has yearned for, fasted for, prayed for!  It may be the rope that pulls them to the Lord and by this, they may be saved.  (Romans 10:1)

Amen to all the times my no became your yes!

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.  Romans 8:28


No comments: