Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

God is Bigger than Me

I was writing my prayer list on my whiteboard.  It was a list of names, letters put together to form the word we use for these people.  Some had asked for prayer.  Some I had asked if I could pray for them.  As I wrote, the Lord spoke to me and told me her name.  I know her.  We aren't particularly close.  I have seen her once or twice in the past few years.  I had no idea what was going on, but I didn't need to know.

I wrote her on my list, knowing the Lord had a reason.  I reached for my phone and messaged her, "Had you on my heart."

That's it.  I just wanted her to know that God was thinking about her.  She replied and I reminded her, "The Lord sees you."

Because He does.  He cares so much for her that He spoke to me about her.  I don't doubt He spoke to others about her, too.  He was reaching out to His children and telling them to gather around and pray.

Hey, He loves you, too.  Do you want to know how I know?

Because I am typing these words on this white screen to YOU.

I don't have to do it.  There is no requirement.  I'm not getting paid.  I'm not being made to do it.  You weren't made to come here to this little blog.  But, you did. 

There, now you know and I'll say it to you as I pray for you, "Had you on my heart.  The Lord sees you."

But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, long-suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.  Psalm 86:15

No comments: