Search This Blog

Friday, July 26, 2019

How does God speak?

Another door opened for me yesterday.  I haven't been invited in, yet.

For maybe the first time IN MY LIFE, I am not anxious.  I feel perfect peace  I am not trying to walk through the door.  I am not trying to convince someone to invite me in.  I am not trying to pray my way in, cry my way in, scream my way in, or force my way in.

I am peacefully standing at the door and waiting for my Lord to answer. 

"Is this a door for me, Lord?"

The peace that I have in waiting for that question only came to me WHEN I took my step of faith and walked away from the security of my "job". 

And, God does speak.  Last night He spoke to me when I picked up a book I read through many years ago, but I randomly have been reading over the last month.  So, when I laid in my bed, I picked it up along with another book I am reading.  I asked the Lord to prompt me for the one He wanted me to read.  I felt drawn to Experiencing God, Knowing and Doing the Will of God.

Honestly, I didn't WANT to read it last night.  I wanted to read the other one, but I consented and flipped it open.  It landed on Chapter 19, God Accomplishes His Work.

Do you wonder what the chapter was about?

Friend, it was about closed doors.

I love you.  God loves you.  Jesus loves you. The Spirit can live in you.  And God longs to SPEAK to you.

No comments: