Search This Blog

Saturday, July 27, 2019

The Lord Speaks in Dreams

It is joy to talk of heaven.  Yet not all of us will make our eternal home there.  How many are on their way to glory?  Who is a Christian and who is not?  Who desires to hear the truth and is ashamed to ask?  Who scoffs at talk of the Kingdom?  Who tells God, "Just a little more time God, then I will choose Life with You"?

Years ago, the Lord gave me a gripping dream.  To this day it plays in my head.  I know I may not have the words to bring you to the theater of my mind, but I want to share it with you even in my weakness:

I was sitting in a large building.  The floor was slanted like a theater, each row of seats lower than the one behind.  The large auditorium was filled with folks like you and me.

My seat was near the back.  I watched as two large man-like animals entered the bottom of the theater.  Their size was intimidating, but their very presence was fearful.  They stood on their hind legs, though their bodies were covered in hair.  They were on a mission and no love came from their beings.

A large sword was carried by one of them and so they began the proceedings.  I couldn't hear what they said, but I knew they were asking people to claim or deny Christ.

One by one, claim or deny Christ.

Deny Christ and the animals seemed to nod.  I dare not say smile, but accept the answer as good.  Those people were released from their seats and sent walking up the incline past those waiting.  A door opened in the back of the room and the deniers gratefully entered.

Accept Christ and the sword came swiftly.  The blade sharp enough to easily dismember each head from the body of the believer.

Each person had the choice.  Accept or deny.

As the procession came closer to me, I felt a peace that both surprised and relieved me.  Acceptance was the only answer for me.  Closer and closer.  Finally the duo stood on the row where I sat.  The person beside me accepted.  It was my husband.  Then, my turn.  The blade was swift and I was delivered.

Oh that my faith would not waiver that this dream ever become reality!  Oh that God would strengthen me...and you.  The choice is real.  Those who entered the new room had only a moment of victory.  They escaped death for a breath, then eternal damnation became their truth.

I wish I could say that the majority of the room stood for the King of Kings, but the truth shocked me.  The room was not a bloody mess.  Very few times was the sword used.

No comments: