Search This Blog

Thursday, July 25, 2019

The Closed Door

A closed-door means no entry, don't come in, stay out.  In my journey, it is God whispering to me, "This isn't your way.  This isn't the promise."

And with each closed door, it has become easier and easier to praise him.

Because, honestly, the closed doors can hurt.  They were mind-boggling.  They ripped away at my confidence.  From the perspective of the world, they shouted, "You're not good enough.  Nope. Nada. Not choosing you.  Get out!  Keep moving."

Keep moving.  That's the words I gravitated to, because 'Keep Moving' helped me to hear the whisper from God that the closed-door wasn't a defeat, but a victory.  Each closed door was not moving me away from my destiny, but closer to it!  Each closed door was pushing me on.  Each closed door was saying, "No, sweet girl of mine, this isn't it.  I've got a plan, trust Me, let's keep going."

And when I can hear those words instead of the sting of rejection, I feel alive.  I feel hopeful and I trust Him to work out His good purpose in my life.

Today, another door closed.  Honestly, I had been torn about the door to begin with, but I was ready to walk through it. 

My husband said, "No way.  Don't do it, it's no money for the time.  You can make way more money than that!"

I said, "If the Lord opens the door, I'll walk through it.  It's not about the money.  I am relying on Him to provide for my needs.  If He sends me there, there is someone He needs me to minister to."

My husband smiled back at me.  He knew.

So, I waited and I prayed, "Lord, if you want me to go there, I will.  I don't know how life will look, but I totally trust You in this.  If it isn't the right door, shut it, Lord, and I'll keep walking."

Today, that door shut.  The "crazy" thing is that the door shutting would seem ludicrous if I wasn't looking at it with spiritual eyes.  It would appear that I would have been a shoo-in for that door.  The door closing is mind-boggling in the world's eyes because my "qualifications" would have landed me a walk straight through the door.

And, yet, it closed.  (smile)  And I felt a sense of relief because it wasn't my door.

I can imagine the Lord slipping up beside me in the hallway that is my path.  I am standing at the door, peering in, waiting to be invited in.  He reaches beside me, grabs the doorknob, and gently closes the door.  He grabs my hand and we walk on. 

Wherever you are today, trust His plan.  He's got something He needs YOU to do.  Keep walking when He says, "Walk" and be ready when he says, "Go.  This is your door."

No comments: