Search This Blog

Sunday, July 21, 2019

I Quit My Job

Day #7 - Perfection

Throughout this journey I have been inspired by many books.  The books that have spoken to me are those that tell the story of those Christians who have gone before me choosing to follow Jesus no matter what they were asked to do.  Each time I read their stories, I felt the familiar yearning, the strong tug in my heart that I was being prepared to take a big step of faith.

The things I know are:  I've been called to home school my children, I've been called to love other children, I've been called to minister where I am, I've been called to write.  That's the vision--though it may sound like a murky vision to some, I'm not surprised.  God often doesn't reveal the full plan, just enough to let us know when He says, "Walk," He has a plan.  I trust His plan.

If you're on a journey and want to read some of the stories that inspired me, I'll share them here:

Knowing and Doing the Will of God, Henry & Richard Blackaby, Claude King

Anything, Jennie Allen

The Red Sea Rules, Robert J. Morgan

Kisses from Katie, Katie Davis Majors

50 People Every Christian Should Know, Warren Wiersbe

In His Steps, Charles M. Sheldon

Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret, Dr. Howard Taylor & Geraldine Taylor & George Verwer

D. L. Moody, Kevin Belmonte

Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire, Jim Cymbalta

I know there are many that slip my mind, but just these will inspire and encourage you on your journey.  Just typing them here has reinvigorated my Spirit as I remember them and the tears shed while reading!  The conviction was powerful!  Also, don't neglect reading about those giants of the faith like Jim Elliot, Amy Carmichael, Lottie Moon, Annie Armstrong, Saint Patrick, John Wesley, Charles Spurgeon, Matthew Henry, Martin Luther, and so many more. 

A wonderful book on martyrs for the faith is Trial & Triumph.

Of course, there is no book better to convict your Spirit that the daily reading of The Holy Bible.   

God Bless!

No comments: