Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

My Pastor Visited Me

I wish I could take you there, to each time the Lord spoke to me, worked on my behalf and you could see.  You'd have hope.  He does it because He loves me.  He loves you.

Today, I had a visitor.  He showed up at work.  I saw him through the plate glass window of the front door before he came in.  I think he hesitated outside, but he looked up and saw me and I smiled.

See, the last time I saw him, he was going through something hard.  God was moving him and it was not pretty.  It was messy and painful.  It was birthday cake smashed in the hands of a two-year-old messy.  Not everyone understood.  Some were angry.  Some were hurt.  Some were dismayed.  ("Just look at this mess.  Stop smashing the birthday cake!" they said.)

God works like that sometimes.  He orders our path and He is always working for our good EVEN WHEN IT HURTS.  So, to see this man brought a smile to my face.  I wanted him to know that I knew God moved him....that he didn't fail, but that God was faithful to order the paths of His children even when we don't understand.

This man opened the door and came in.  He was still a little hesitant, but I invited him to sit with me a moment.  He came to me and suggested I write a story on a ministry.  I readily agreed and then I told him.....

Day #2 - So, I Quit My Job

"I quit my job."

He paused and said, "You've been heading here for a long time."

I teared up and said, "Yes."  And I shared with him a story of my little boy and he said,

"There must be something the Lord needs you to do...________!________."

He looked down at his arms and rubbed them.  He had grace bumps*.

I had them, too.  We were talking about spiritual things, things that aren't easily understood by a world not following Jesus.  But, our Spirit agreed we were following Jesus.

He encouraged me and stood to go.  Grabbing my hand, he prayed.  I cried.  As I hugged him good-bye, he turned and I saw where my tears had marked wet spots on his blue shirt.  He carried my burden.

God sent me my pastor today.  I didn't expect it, but I knew it was the Lord confirming for me that I was walking the right way.

Key:

____________!____________ - This is something the Lord has told me and right now, it's not for the world.  It's a treasure I hold in my heart like Mary, the mother of Jesus, did.

*  Grace bumps are like goosebumps.  I find that I get them often when a believer is speaking to me about spiritual things.  I don't know if everyone gets them, but I know many believers who I have shared this experience with.....it's awesome!  I do love GRACE BUMPS!

No comments: